Over the last 25 years, communicating via text messages has increased dramatically in all corners of the world. Over 18 billion text messages are sent each day globally! With this amount of text messaging happening every single day, there often comes the need to save SMS conversations so that one can email text messages to business partners, friends, or family members.
For many people, figuring out how to transfer one's text messages to computer so that you can then send the messages via email is not an easy task. Today's tips and instructions will help simplify the process so that you can email important text messages to anyone worldwide.
How to send text messages via email - Quick steps
Follow these specific steps to send text messages via email
Back up an iPhone on your computer.
Open Decipher TextMessage.
Pick a contact that has text messages you want to send via email.
Choose Export to save the text messages to your PC or Mac.
Open your email and attach the PDF of your saved text messages.
Click "Send" to email your text messages to anyone!
Why would someone need to email text messages?
If you use an iPhone and you only have a few text messages that you need to forward, it's often easy to accomplish that task via Apple's Messages app. However, if you have a large number of text messages or iMessages with attachments to forward, it makes more sense to first save your text messages as a PDF on your computer. Then you can attach the exported PDF of your text messages and then them via email to anyone worldwide.
The desktop software program Decipher TextMessage will let you save the text messages to your PC or Mac. The program runs on your computer and will read all your text messages in after your backup your iPhone or iPad on your computer.
Items you'll need to email a copy of your text messages:
Computer - A Windows or Mac computer is required to save and email your text messages.
Decipher TextMessage - Facilitates saving the text messages to computer in a PDF file.
The main program window of Decipher TextMessage has a simple and easy-to-use interface and display. Your iPhone is displayed in the left-hand column, iPhone contacts in the middle column, and all your text messages with a specific contact in the far-right column.
Detailed steps to send text messages via email
- Back up your iPhone – Plug your device into your Windows or Mac and then launch iTunes. After selecting your device, you can select "Back Up Now." Once your phone has been backed up, the latest backup date in the iTunes windows will be current and this is how you know you've successfully backed up your iPhone or iPad.
Note: If you are on a Mac running Catalina or Big Sur you can simply backup via the Finder and you no longer need iTunes.
- Open Decipher TextMessage - When the program first opens on your computer you will see your device in the left-hand column of the software. If you don't see your device then make sure you've actually made a local iPhone backup on your PC or Mac.
- Choose your iPhone and select a contact - Select an iPhone or iPad and then pick a contact whose messages you want to export. Once a contact is selected you'll immediately see all the messages from that contact in the right-hand column.
- Click "Export via PDF" - Simply select the Export option the menu of the program and then choose Current Conversation PDF. You can then immediately export the PDF of your text/SMS and iMessages messages to your Mac or PC.
- Open your email and attach the PDF with your text messages - Open your email client and attach the saved PDF to your email and hit "Send." If you find the PDF file is too large to send via email, you can easily upload the file to a cloud storage solution of your choice so that it can be downloaded by the intended recipient.
Note: The PDF document containing your text messages will also display any photo attachments pertaining to those messages. Furthermore, the PDF includes the contact and phone number on every single text message! This feature is helpful documentation for trial, court, or legal purposes so that it's clear who sent every single text message or iMessage.
Below is a sample PDF of how text messages are displayed when you are sending the text messages via email to the contact of your choice:
Once you export your text messages and have them saved in PDF format on your computer, you can quickly send the PDF containing all the messages and photo attachments to anyone in the world. Hopefully today's tutorial has been helpful!
If you have any questions feel free to contact us. We're USA based in San Francisco and Phoenix and we respond to everyone!