Over the last 25 years, communicating via text messages has increased dramatically in all corners of the world. Over 18 billion text messages are sent each day globally! With this amount of text messaging happening every single day, there often comes the need to save SMS conversations so that one can email text messages to business partners, friends, or family members. For most people, figuring out how to transfer one's text messages to computer so that you can then send the messages via email is not an easy task.
Quick steps - How to send text messages via email
Back up your iPhone with iTunes.
Launch Decipher TextMessage.
Pick a contact that has text messages you want to send via email.
Select Export to save the text messages to computer.
Open your email and attach the PDF of your text messages.
Click "Send" to email your text messages.
Why would someone need to email text messages?
If you only have a few text messages that you need to forward, it's often easy to simply do that via Apple's Messages app. However, if you have a large number of text or SMS messages to forward, it's much easier to do this via email.
You simply save the text messages to your computer with Decipher TextMessage and then attach the PDF document to your email. You can then forward a copy of all your important text messages (and photo attachments) to anyone worldwide.
Items you'll need:
Computer - A Windows or Mac computer is required to save and email your text messages.
iTunes - Enables you to backup your iOS device.
Decipher TextMessage - Facilitates saving the text messages to computer in a PDF file.
Follow these specific steps to send text messages via email
- Back up your iPhone – Plug your device into your Windows or Mac and then launch iTunes. After selecting your device, you can select "Back Up Now." Once your phone has been backed up, the latest backup date in the iTunes windows will be current and this is how you know you've successfully backed up your iPhone or iPad.
- Open Decipher TextMessage - When it first opens you'll see your device in the left-hand column of the software. If you don't see your device then make sure you've actually made a local iTunes backup and not just synced the phone.
- Choose your iPhone and select a contact - Choose an iPhone or iPad and then pick a contact whose messages you want to export. Once a contact is selected you'll immediately see all the messages from that contact in the right-hand column.
- Click "Export via PDF" - Simply select the Export option the menu of the program and then choose PDF! You can then immediately export the PDF of your text/SMS messages to your Mac or PC.
- Open your email and attach the PDF with your text messages - Open your email client and attach the saved PDF to your email and hit "Send." If you find the PDF file is too large to send via email, you can easily upload the file to a cloud storage solution of your choice so that it can be downloaded by the intended recipient.
Note: When you open the PDF document it displays photo attachments and also includes the contact and phone number on every single text message! This feature is helpful documentation for trial, court, or legal purposes so that it's clear who sent every single text message or iMessage.
Here's a sample PDF of how your text messages are displayed when you send them via email:
The main program window of Decipher TextMessage has a simple and easy-to-use interface where your iPhone is displayed in the left-hand column, iPhone contacts in the middle column, and all your text messages with a specific contact in the far-right column.
Once you export your text messages and have them in PDF format, you can quickly send the PDF containing all the messages and photo attachments to anyone in the world. Hopefully today's tutorial has been helpful.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us. We're USA based in San Francisco and Phoenix and we respond to everyone!