Today's instructions will explain how to copy iPhone text messages to any Windows or Mac computer. Once you have saved the text messages as a PDF file you can also easily print out the SMS messages and iMessages including photo attachments.
Copying text messages from an iPhone to computer is helpful for a wide array of different circumstances. Some people like to save text messages from family members or loved ones and others have a need to copy text messages for court, trial, legal reasons, or for other general business uses. Whatever your specific needs are, it's easy to preserve and transfer the text messages with the help of Decipher TextMessage.
Copy and save iPhone text messages to PC or Mac
To copy text messages from iPhone to computer simply follow these steps:
- Make a backup of your iPhone on any computer.
- Open Decipher TextMessage.
- Select your iPhone.
- Pick a contact that has text messages you want to copy to computer.
- Select Export as PDF.
- Choose the folder where you want to save or copy the text messages.
After saving text messages as a PDF to computer, you can now print them out
- Locate the PDF file saved by Decipher TextMessage on your Mac or Windows computer.
- Open the PDF and review the document to makes sure the text messages you want to print are all present and displayed accordingly.
- Choose print or use the key commands “Command + P" on Mac or “Control + P” on Windows to open up the print dialog box.
- Select print and to print out the PDF of your saved text messages that you copied to your computer.
Here is an example of what text messages look like when copied to computer as a PDF.
Note that Decipher TextMessage displays time stamps of when messages were both sent and received. The program will also display the contact on every single text message. This is helpful for documentation, discovery, lawyers, and realtors who need to keep track of who sent and received each specific SMS message.
When saving or printing iPhone text messages with Decipher TextMessage, all your data is private and local to your computer. The user controls everything and nothing is stored on external servers or in the cloud.
Below is a helpful video which will explain how to copy text messages from any iPhone to your PC or Mac.
We hope today's tutorial has been useful and that you now know how to copy text messages to your computer. If you need further assistance, just drop us an email here at Decipher Tools Headquarters and we will write you back with help!