April 10, 2019 - Decipher Backup Browser 12.2.0
- Added a listing of Wifi Passwords stored in the iPhone backup.
- Added LINE attachments section.
- Added improved support for password protected On my iPhone Notes.
- Support Photo Vault PIN recovery for latest versions of Photo Vault.
- Bug fixes
February 15, 2019 - Decipher Backup Browser 12.1.8
- Added a new WeChat photo/video attachment gallery.
- Improved support for some specific corrupt/buggy encrypted backups.
- Improved error messages for missing files in backups.
January 25, 2019 - Decipher Backup Browser 12.1.7
- Bug fixes
December 29, 2018 - Decipher Backup Browser 12.1.4
- Change to Java 11 on Mac and Windows.
- Change to 64-bit on Windows.
- Support macOS Mojave hardened runtime and notarization.
- Fixes a few ugly screens on macOS Mojave.
December 7, 2018 - Decipher Backup Browser 12.1.3
- Adds Photo Vault folder passwords.
- Adds support to show videos from Video Downloader Pro app.
- Bug fixes, and cleaned up WhatsApp Messenger media file view.
November 8, 2018 - Decipher Backup Browser 12.1.0
- Adds block list section showing all blocked numbers and email addresses for Messages and FaceTime.
- Adds PDF thumbnails in all PDF section.
- Bug fixes, including improved support for very large photo galleries.
October 9, 2018 - Decipher Backup Browser 12.0.11
- Added feature to show Screen Time passcode in encrypted iOS 12 backups.
September 22, 2018 - Decipher Backup Browser 12.0.8
- Updates for new iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max users.
September 18, 2018 - Decipher Backup Browser 12.0.6
- Improved thumbnails for HEIC images on Windows.
- Update Mojave permissions instructions for later betas and Mojave public release.
- Fixes for reading various versions of Snapchat metadata.
- Decipher Backup Browser now recognizes extremely damaged backups.
- Bug fixes from reports from our awesome customers. Thank you!
August 15, 2018 - Decipher Backup Browser 12.0.3
- Specific fixes needed for Decipher Backup Browser running on Mac OS X Yosemite and earlier.
- Experimental photo recovery feature for unencrypted iPhone backups.
July 27, 2018 - Decipher Backup Browser 12.0.0
- Support and instructions for the new permission requirements in macOS Mojave.
- Improved support for HEIC photos for versions of macOS that don't natively support HEIC (Sierra and earlier).
- Bug fixes.
July 2, 2018 - Decipher Backup Browser 11.3.5
- Updates to support the latest format for Snapchat friends list data.
- Improvements to finding Notes data in incomplete backups.
- Bug fixes.
May 18, 2018 - Decipher Backup Browser 11.3.3
- Adds support for new iTunes for Windows on the Microsoft Store.
- Adds new section "Autocomplete Contacts" showing phone numbers and email addresses from the autofill suggestions.
- Separates Messages App photos and videos from Messages app stickers.
- Separates deleted photos/videos from older versions of the Messages app from not-deleted attachments from the Messages app.
- Bug fixes from comments from our great customers!
March 6, 2018 - Decipher Backup Browser 11.2.4
- Adds third-party app PhotoVault PIN recovery option.
- Adds third-party app "Camera+" photo gallery.
- Adds third-party app "Telegram" photo cache gallery.
- Improvements to memory usage on Windows.
- Bug fixes!
February 3, 2018 - Decipher Backup Browser 11.2.2
- Adds preference item to save photos using photo date for the filenames.
- Improvements and bug fixes on Windows.
- Improvements to the deleted camera roll recovery section, reducing duplicates.
December 22, 2017 - Decipher Backup Browser 11.2.0
- New feature to show the iOS Restrictions passcode.
- New update checking!
- Bug fixes.
October 4, 2017 - Decipher Backup Browser 11.0.9
- More aggressive photo recovery backups with broken encryption.
- Memory usage fixes.
- Program size reduction.
August 27, 2017 - Decipher Backup Browser 11.0.4
- Exciting bug fixes!
- Video thumbnails for video files in galleries on Windows (macOS already had this)
- Adds a "notes attachments" section to see image attachments and drawings in your iOS Notes app data.
- Fix issues with Leopard/Snow Leopard version.
August 3, 2017 - Decipher Backup Browser 11.0.2
- More support for retina macOS and high resolution Windows 10!
- Improved camera roll recovery.
June 6, 2017 - Decipher Backup Browser 11.0.0
- Support for backups made with iOS 11!
May 4, 2017 - Decipher Backup Browser 10.3.1
- New photo gallery with improved performance.
April 13, 2017 - Decipher Backup Browser 10.2.14
- Improvements to the iPhone Contacts app backup data.
- Additional help information added when being prompted for a backup password.
- Added section "One Note Recent Notes" to show available One Note for iOS information from a backup.
- Added "Keep Safe" section for exporting and viewing photos/videos from the app Keep Safe.
March 2, 2017 - Decipher Backup Browser 10.2.10
- Better support for backups affected by buggy iOS backup encryption.
- Adds backup location section to help locate iOS backups on your hard drive.
- Fixes a crash for some rare Windows file permissions configurations.
- Fixes a crash for Mac users with older outdated libraries in their Java extensions folder.
January 12, 2017 - Decipher Backup Browser 10.2.6
- Improved windowing support for Mac retina displays.
- Improve support for recovering contacts from broken and corrupt iPhone backups.
- Gracefully handle errors caused by incorrect encryption in backups.
January 3, 2017 - Decipher Backup Browser 10.2.4
- Added "Camera Roll Recovery" section for recovering photos from broken or corrupt iPhone backups.
- Added menu item for adding custom proxy settings to the Preferences menu.
- Added "Photo Vault" section for viewing and saving photos in the Photo Vault app.
- Updated underlying sqlite library to speed up some DBB operations.
December 2, 2016 - Decipher Backup Browser 10.2.0
- Added support for iOS 10.2 encrypted backups.
- Added Camera Roll thumbnails section, for recovering photo thumbnail files.
- Added Notes not Synced section, to aid in recovering deleted iCloud Notes.
October 26, 2016 - Decipher Backup Browser 10.1.0
- Increased support for recovering photos from incomplete backups.
- Increased support for recovering notes from incomplete backups.
- Added a new "FaceTime History" section for showing call history for FaceTime calls only.
You can press "Check for Updates" inside of Decipher Backup Browser to get the newest version, or you can download it from our website: